12-01-2008, 12:11 PM
| || |
Fungus is not common in fish. When water quality deteriorates, fish become stressed. This in turn weakens it's natural immune system which allows it to fight off many infections, parasites, bacteria, and other pathogens. The fish then become sick and may or may not die . People then want to know what medications can they use to make the fish well and they want immediate results. If you provide a clean enviornment for your fish medications are seldom needed. Without knowing a whole lot more about your particular tank and maint. routine it would be near impossible to speculate as to what may have caused the fungus. If you have a test kit ,Test the water for ammonia,nitrites, and nitrates. If you don't have a test kit perhaps the local fish store will test your water if you bring them a sample. Once you have those results then you could post them here and folks could offer more help.
Last edited by 1077; 12-01-2008 at 12:19 PM..