1. Size of tank? 10 gallons
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? tad bit darker than 0, but definitely not .25
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? between 0-5
d. pH, KH and GH? 7, unknown
e. Test kit? API master kit
3. Temperature? NINETY SIX ****
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? about six months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
This is my QT tank. about a week and a half ago, i bought nine guppies, four male, five female. One male died the first night, another to what i believe was culminaris[?]. Two were added to my main tank, one is in a seperate tank, and there is now four in the QT tank. Not because they werent healthy, i didnt want to over laod my bioload in my main tank.
Two days ago, i got a one inch bristle nose pleco, and a 1.5 inch rubber nose. They will be going into separate tanks.
There are also a few ghost shrimp.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? This is the QT tank.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? There are fake plants, and a lava rock with green hair algea on it.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Bare bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? ^^
9. a. Filtration? a ten gallon sponge filter
b. Heater? yes, though it is unplugged, because the temperature was 96 degrees. Ive had a bit of a problem with keeping the temperature stable, as the heater is unadjustable, but the real problem is the weather. I live in Rhode Island, and the weather is really unpredictable. four or five days ago, it was really cold, and they temp in the tank was around 74. Then it heat up, and it seemed to stay steadyish at 77. but the past two days its been really really hot, and the temperature of the tank went up to 86, and seemed to stay there. Ive read that is the max temp for most fish. The fish are in a second floor walk up, though the room does have a window, and with the window open, it gets a little bit of a breeze. My mom insisted tonight that that window being open, with the door closed, is causing the cool air on the first floor to escape. So she made me close the window. i believe the window closing trapped the heat,and upped the temperature. That was at ten o clock. Its now 1 am, and ive been working trying to get the temperature down for about an hour. The max temperature that it read was 96 degrees
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? desk lamp, ten hours a day
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule? every two days
b. Volume of water changed? 10-25 %
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap
d. Water conditioner used? API stress coat
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? two or three times a day
12. Foods? tetra start tropical granules /now with the plecos, algea discs
How often are they fed? a pinch twice a day, a half a disc, broke in half at night
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Wierd flippin gmotions, signs of stress, two females sitting at the top of the water..see video
b. Appearance of poop? yes
c. Appearance of gills? all the gills seem to be looking alright, i havent seen any spots or threadlike anything. The male i saw the first symptoms in is seperated in a bowl, but still in the tank. I may have saw rough scales right behind his dorsal fin, but that could be because he was twisting around
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? there is about t spn off AQ salt already in the water for preventative measures
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
I am not sure that the temperature did this.
Could it be a later reaction to something the plecos brought in? They are acting normal!