Is my Guppie Pregnant? * I am a noob *
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Freshwater and Tropical Fish » Is my Guppie Pregnant? * I am a noob *

Is my Guppie Pregnant? * I am a noob *

This is a discussion on Is my Guppie Pregnant? * I am a noob * within the Freshwater and Tropical Fish forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> Hey everyone, I was just wondering if someone could tell my if this guppie was pregnant? She lloks awful larger in the body area ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Jack Dempsey
Jack Dempsey
Skunk Loach
Skunk Loach
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Is my Guppie Pregnant? * I am a noob *
Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
 
Is my Guppie Pregnant? * I am a noob *

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if someone could tell my if this guppie was pregnant? She lloks awful larger in the body area than my other guppies and I was wondering if you guys could tell from this picture( I know it isn't grwat, it is hard to take a clear pic of a fast fish with a phone ^_^ ) If someone could tell me I would really appreciate it. Cause I would need to get another tank ready for the babies because I don't want the guppies eating the babies. Thanks :D

JonBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
 
boxercrazy156's Avatar
 
Lookjs like it to me they usually get a black spot on them when they are pregnant also
boxercrazy156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxercrazy156 View Post
Lookjs like it to me they usually get a black spot on them when they are pregnant also
Where exactly is the black spot?
JonBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
 
boxercrazy156's Avatar
 
its at the back of the stomach lower near where the babies usually come out of near their anus my guppies aren't white though they are silver both female,s have that spot when they are pregnant its called a gravid spot they get darker when they are pregnant
boxercrazy156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxercrazy156 View Post
its at the back of the stomach lower near where the babies usually come out of near their anus my guppies aren't white though they are silver both female,s have that spot when they are pregnant its called a gravid spot they get darker when they are pregnant

People are saying that my fish have a disease. Cause my guppies stay at the top. I feed my 11 fish like 2-3 times a day. I guess that is too much but I have only had my guppies for 5 days. Do you think they might die?
JonBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
 
boxercrazy156's Avatar
 
guppies tend to swim at the top but I would check your water parameters to see if you have an amonia spike thats what happened to me when I first set up my one tank I did alot of partial water changes to help with that. Is there any spots on them? hard to tell because they are white

chances are she is pregnant and came that way
boxercrazy156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxercrazy156 View Post
guppies tend to swim at the top but I would check your water parameters to see if you have an amonia spike thats what happened to me when I first set up my one tank I did alot of partial water changes to help with that. Is there any spots on them? hard to tell because they are white

chances are she is pregnant and came that way
Ok, I will probably do a %100 water change here soon. They seem to be fine. But I never know. Thanks a lot :)
JonBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
 
boxercrazy156's Avatar
 
I wouldn't do more then 50% water change good luck
boxercrazy156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Male Guppie won't leave pregnant females alone.. Gerbo Fish Breeding 5 05-29-2012 07:06 PM
Saving a guppie! Hero Livebearers 4 10-09-2007 02:56 PM
[EMERGENCY] Noob: Weak Pregnant Fish d0rr Tropical Fish Diseases 27 02-06-2007 11:58 AM
Guppie trouble... fluffin Tropical Fish Diseases 8 02-06-2007 10:57 AM
My guppie just gave birth! dprUsh83 Fish Breeding 7 01-20-2007 01:24 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.