OK, so I am moving to a house about 5 minutes from where I live now and having a hard time figuring out what to do. I bought a 1 gallon tank today thinking that would be ok but my fish keeping instincts clicked in. Here is what fish I currently have.
11 Platy Fry (Not newborn a few months old, but still small)
1 Adult Platy
My original plan was:
1. Net the fish out and put them into a 1 gallon.
2. Siphon 3/4 of the water into a few buckets to hold their tank water.
3. Carry the buckets of tank water to the car
4. Carry the tank with 1/4 of water, substrate, plants, decorations to the car carefully.
5. Carry and hold the fish as a passenger.
6. Re-siphon tank water back in
7. Put fish back in tank.
This will take at least 45 minutes and maybe 60 minutes at the most. Will all of these fish be ok in a 1 gallon tank for an hour at the most? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)