04-03-2010, 08:00 AM
| || |
OK weirdly enough I went to take a picture of the fish this morning and all the angels that had the stuff on their fins look fine...no junk on their ventral fins or anywhere else on them. how the hell!? Could it just have been that they were chilling at the bottom of the tank and got some junk hooked onto their fins?
I've learned not to use salt because I have some fish that are very sensitive to it including a royal farlowella, last time I added salt, it died.
My tank has been well established for about 6 months now, its a 75G that I do weekly 20 gallon water changes on religiously. I keep the water temp around 78-80, pH at 7, ammonia and nitrites are at 0, nitrates are at 20 but that's typical because today is the day I do my water change. Also, I think it should be noted that a couple of weeks ago I "cleaned" the sponge from my filter, and yes by cleaned I mean that I rinsed it in the water I took out of the tank during a water change, so I'm pretty sure the beneficial bacteria is a bit low in the filter right now.
Now I'm just confused because they look fine and I'm going to be doing my water change today as scheduled. Should I medicate with no signs or symptoms? I would think not...