04-21-2012, 03:20 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Savannah
When I was Fishing today I found a baby painted turtle.When I got a closer look I realized it had a big lash on its leg.I didn't want to leave it there with the injury soI caughtit and brought it home to take care of it until it heals then i will let it go.I was just wondering if I should put regular tap water in the tank or put prime in the water.And any other advice on turtle keeping please!
TBH I would go with straight tap water. The turtle isn't as sensitive to chlorine as fish. It might bother him a little, but I think I would help keep the bacterial numbers in the water lower which should help his wound heal faster.
Change the water a lot if you want rapid healing, every day would be best IMO. Turtles are really messy.