Originally Posted by blacklabel3
Well crap, I was afraid the final answer would be that I just have to clean it. Guess that's what I'll do! What about the darker stuff coating the plants? Not much will eat that? Have to do it by hand also?
Pardon me, I forgot the second algae issue. But, without knowing what it is...did you have a look at that link I posted? Every known algae is included with photos. The blackish tufts are probably black brush algae, and nothing will eat it--except a fish that is much too large for a 10g. I leave it alone, but if it begins to becomes what I consider excessive I reduce the light duration. Tends to increase in the summer, prob due to more daylight entering the room.
Once you get rid of the dot it is very easy to keep it off, just clean the glass every water change.