07-17-2014, 08:16 AM
| || |
Also, something to consider, if my sources are accurate, is that when you "treated" the water for high ammonia it doesn't remove it but instead neutralizes it into a less toxic form but will still read on ammonia tests. And like hinted at above, your tap water may contain some ammonia. Another thing I've heard is that some water conditioners have organics in them like aloe which of course break down into, you guessed it, ammonia. Your best bet is to take it slow and do small frequent water changes as needed. Smaller is almost always better so as to prevent drastic changes in water chemistry.