Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy) - Page 3
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy)

Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy)

This is a discussion on Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy) within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> nice tank...

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy)
Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #21
 
kitten_penang's Avatar
 
nice tank
kitten_penang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #22
 
DKRST's Avatar
 
Very nice rework! The original (pre-rework) wasn't bad at all either!
Am I correct in assuming you had problems with the microsword (algae, slow growth?) and Cabomba (spindly, poor growth?) in the previous set-up? I only ask because I have that problem.
DKRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #23
 
my narrow chain leaf sword sent out 13 runner, 3 in the first week
Christople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #24
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRST View Post
Very nice rework! The original (pre-rework) wasn't bad at all either!
Am I correct in assuming you had problems with the microsword (algae, slow growth?) and Cabomba (spindly, poor growth?) in the previous set-up? I only ask because I have that problem.
Yes I had those exact problems. The only way I could really get the cabomba is to float it. Though mine was the purple cabomba. I haven't tried the green cabomba. The microsword never really did anything but the leaves turned yellowish green and had string or hair algae on them. I just took it as not being able to grow those two plants in my tank.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #25
 
I have less than 1 wpg and purple cabomba did great
Christople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #26
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christople View Post
I have less than 1 wpg and purple cabomba did great
Well I have a little more lighting then that soo I don't know LoL just didn't have good luck with them.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #27
 
Your using comp F by seachem right. and eco complete
Christople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #28
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Yeah
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #29
 
DKRST's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
I haven't tried the green cabomba. The microsword never really did anything but the leaves turned yellowish green and had string or hair algae on them. I just took it as not being able to grow those two plants in my tank.
Try the green. Order from a place or person where you know that's what you'll get. I got a wad of various Cabombas from Petsmart (the salesperson kept adding and adding to the bunch so I ended up with a ton for $3). The green stems are doing really well, other stems not so well. Like you, my original purple never did a thing and that was with 2 T5HO's running. I do think high temp impairs the plant (see Byron's plant profile). My original tank temp was around 80F. Now I keep it at 76F.
DKRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #30
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
I might give them a shot some time down the road.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.