Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy) - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy)

Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy)

This is a discussion on Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy) within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> Originally Posted by redchigh Don't see the fish! lol... nice tank. LoL they were hiding in those pics because it was night time for ...

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Some changes to my 55 (picture heavy)
Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redchigh View Post
Don't see the fish!

lol... nice tank.
LoL they were hiding in those pics because it was night time for them. I will take some more here in a little bit for ya redchigh. When they get active after I turn on the lights.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
My fish.

As redchigh pointed out I didn't have an pics of my fish soo here a couple. I have 7 colombian tetras and 3 Oto catfish at present.

P.s. Sorry for the bad pics don't have a good camera
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-05-26 11.34.22.jpg (91.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-05-26 11.31.17.jpg (89.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-05-26 11.31.40.jpg (38.4 KB, 40 views)
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #13
 
Nice tank!

By the way, where did you get your driftwood?
M496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #14
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by M496 View Post
Nice tank!

By the way, where did you get your driftwood?

Well the two pieces on each end I got from petco which is Mopani wood I believe, I have lots of problems with those. I have had several pieces that I had to fight fungus.The one that doesn't stand up I have had to boil bake and boil some more and I finally got it gone. Now I think it is starting to come back again. So I might have to do the process over again and hope it works this time. The large piece of driftwood was giving to me by a freind.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
 
redchigh's Avatar
 
That's awesome stock. Put much thought into the rest?

In any tank with a PH relatively close to neutral (6-7.7 or so) wood will grow fungus. If you attach moss to it, it'll help.
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redchigh View Post
That's awesome stock. Put much thought into the rest?

In any tank with a PH relatively close to neutral (6-7.7 or so) wood will grow fungus. If you attach moss to it, it'll help.

Really didn't know that. The ph in that tank is 7.4. As for the rest of the stock. I been wanting to add some Botia histrionica. Then something else that I am not sure about. I really like Bolivian Rams am kinda thinking I might get a pair of those. Not really sure though. Another fish I REALLY like is Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlids just not sure if they will work with my parameters ands the loaches I want plus the tetras? LoL basically I have not made my mind up completely.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
 
redchigh's Avatar
 
High PHs might still grow fungus... I know it's true about aquariums under 6.0.
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Really didn't know that. The ph in that tank is 7.4. As for the rest of the stock. I been wanting to add some Botia histrionica. Then something else that I am not sure about. I really like Bolivian Rams am kinda thinking I might get a pair of those. Not really sure though. Another fish I REALLY like is Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlids just not sure if they will work with my parameters ands the loaches I want plus the tetras? LoL basically I have not made my mind up completely.
Parameters are. 25 or less ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5or less nitrates. PH 7.4 Temp is 78. Any suggestion for future fish would be great and much appreciated Thanks!
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #19
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Parameters are. 25 or less ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5or less nitrates. PH 7.4 Temp is 78. Any suggestion for future fish would be great and much appreciated Thanks!
I got off subject with this question so I asked this in a different thread under "Choicing fish for my 55 gallon"
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #20
 
What substrate do you use??? If you don't mind me asking.
Jack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.