Right, here's the promised photo log of the setting up of my new tank...
It's a 200l, 100cmx45x50 (you folks can use the new calculator to get that in your preferred system!)
The whole reason for getting this tank (apart from MTS...) was because My two Angel fish needed a 3rd (and hopefully final) home, along with Brian the plec (who will almost certainly need a bigger one in due course - yay!)
So Brian and the angels are going in, and i'm gonna see how many times i can change my mind as the what else will be whilst it cycles. (suggestions if you feel like it?)
First things first, build the cabinet, unusually it had all the necessary bits in it, so it wasn't to tricky to do!
So i got it all set up, but empty in the spot in my living room where my 35g used to be. (on a side note, it's surprisingly hard to move a half full 35g tank even just round the corner into the next room!)
Then it's time to add the decor, fun part. I thought i would go for a black substrate, as i had intended to do that on my last tank, but got a bit sidetracked by sand. So i thought with black gravel, and a bit of wood and some slate would do the trick...
And then all there is to do is to fill it up with water and see what it looks like!
I'm quite pleased with it so far, although the plants it has in there are the rubbish plastic ones that come with the tank as place holders till i plant it properly. And if you are wondering why there appear to be stones balancing on the wood, it's to keep it down till the vine wood soaks up enough water to stay sunk. If it still tries to float i'll wire it down to the bigger rocks with fishing twine.
I realise the whole decor scheme is quite low, only using the bottom half of the tank, but i plan to use something like wisteria, or another tall plant to fill up the background and give the fish somewhere else to play.
I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes, and any comments or suggestions are most welcome!