I posted last week for suggestions on cycling my new 150g tank.
I started with the fish food method which took too long according my liking. Then I used the suggestions that were made on this forum
- Added filter media in the sump from my old tank.
- Added gravel from my old tank in the main tank and in the sump.
- Added live plants in the main tank.
And WOW, it works great. Parameters are not perfect yet but was acceptable to add fish already.
Water clarity is also not perfect yet, but will get there soon. I have also added some artificial plants as the live plants dont last very long with my Oscars.
And no, I'm not a professional photographer but I tried my best.
Here is my fish family
- 3 x Tiger Oscars
- 1 x Longfin Tiger Oscar (I saved it from a LFS where it was kept a small 10g tank)
- 2 x Deacons (Severums) - Hope its a male/female (Bought seperately from different LFS)
- 1 x Longfin Pleco
- 1 x Silwer Arowana
Decorations already messed up by my Oscar family
Not a good quality picture but an interesting one. My arowana dont want to pose for a photo.