03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
| || |
From the Prime website: " A salicylate based kit can be used, but with caution. Under the conditions of a salicylate kit the ammonia-Prime complex will be broken down eventually giving a false reading of ammonia (same as with other products like Prime®), so the key with a salicylate kit is to take the reading right away." API (what I have) is salicylate. Trusted me I was freaked before figuring it out.
What my plant order that arrived today should have been: 1 C. wendtii 'green', 1 C. wendtii 'Mi Oya', 1 C. petchii, and 1 Lagenandra thwaitesii. Opened the package up and there is a note apologizing saying some of the crypts had melted down to nothing in between my ordering them and them being shipped. Turns out it was the Mi Oya and petchii. I have two adult Mi Oya left that have seen better days. The rest melted. I have maybe 6 baby plants though. I had wanted more, but oh well. The petchii was another I really wanted.
I'm sure I sound like I'm complaining. That's to build the mood so I can flip it around. I got replacements. 1 C. pondtederiifolia and 1 C. lucens. Oh and a 3" rhizome of Java fern 'windelov'. Need some ideas where to put that guy. That's still not all though, I also got a C. affinis 'metallic red'. Kind of hard to be anything but excited about all that.