01-06-2015, 05:52 PM
| || |
Updates on my 75 gallon planted
I realize this is an old post, but it is a journal...and journals can always be added to! So here is an update, 18 months later:
Here is the long side, showing the Hygrophila going wild:
side of tank.jpg
This plant turned out to be the one that grew fast enough to get to the surface and trail a bit, providing some shade and cover. But it was getting a little out of hand, so I gave it a trim:
IMG_5160side of 75 after thinning.jpg
The other plants in here are anubias nana, cryptocorine spiralis, fava fern, and Amazon swords. The rooted plants just got some root tabs; they are a little stunted I think because the hygrophila robs their light. When I do a major re-scape this summer I will plant them somewhere else. I'm also considering LED lighting.
In addition to the livestock above, I added otocinclus (7) and zebra danios (9). Only one bloodfin left, alas, and I am not going to add more because I just don't trust the local supplies. Black widow tetras (9); serpae tetras (6); and Emerald catfish (5).
STILL can't talk my husband into another tank. But I visit this site and daydream...