Boredomb's Planted Tanks - Page 59
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » Boredomb's Planted Tanks

Boredomb's Planted Tanks

This is a discussion on Boredomb's Planted Tanks within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> Originally Posted by Chesherca I just LOVE THEM!!! *GRINS* They look like they're doing really well over there. . . makes me happy! They ...

Like Tree419Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Boredomb's Planted Tanks
Old 04-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #581
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I just LOVE THEM!!! *GRINS* They look like they're doing really well over there. . . makes me happy!

They seem to like it okay for sure. They really love the NLS small fish formula!!! That's what I feed them 99% of the time. Occasionally they get some algae tabs.
Chesh likes this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #582
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
I have some more videos that I will upload tomorrow as they are being a PITA right now and I have to go to work.. lol
Chesh likes this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #583
 
thekoimaiden's Avatar
 
I hope those dips work to help you get rid of that algae! Hopefully the shrimp will help, too! I find I have different kinds of algae in different tanks depending on what kind of cleanup crew I have in there.

Your cories are just too cute! And I love the guest appearance by your badis in there. He didn't know what to make of the camera!
Boredomb likes this.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #584
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I hope those dips work to help you get rid of that algae! Hopefully the shrimp will help, too! I find I have different kinds of algae in different tanks depending on what kind of cleanup crew I have in there.

Your cories are just too cute! And I love the guest appearance by your badis in there. He didn't know what to make of the camera!

So far the Algae hasn't returned nor the surface scum/Protein film. I think the Air stone is working like I wanted it too. I was thinking I needed more surface agitation but couldn't figure out how to get it with just the spray bar on my filter. It just wasn't working no matter how I put it. Normally by now I have the film on the surface soo something is working. I just hope the bubbles are not too much and it causes too much gas exchange and my plants stop growing.

I am not sure that Badis is a male. I *think* its a female due to the coloration but I could be wrong. He/she might color up now that he/she is a loner. I plan on going to the store tomorrow and seeing if they have anymore Scarlet badis. The last time I was there they did. If so I will buy two more and put them in my QT and watch them for several weeks and then introduce them to my main tank.

I had planned on going today but that didn't happen due to some nightmares dealing with stupid people and stupid @$$ machines.

Here is a video of me feeding my Badis.. I didn't edit this video soo please Excuse the ending. LoL


Also one of my Puffer tank and the Betta tanks.

LoL it was also feeding time for the dogs!!
thekoimaiden and Chesh like this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #585
 
thekoimaiden's Avatar
 
Aww!! I just love your video camera! It gets such clear shots! That one little badis looked so excited at the tube! And your old man puff is never end energy! The shrimps look good, too! Soon you should be overrun with them!

So glad that bubbler is helping. Maybe that's all you needed was a little extra surface movement. Hopefully the shrimp will be able to keep it at bay, too.

Also so cute to see the dogs! So I take it the new one gets long just fine with the older ones? I'm also surprised they didn't get in your face when you got down to see the betta and snail tank.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #586
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
Aww!! I just love your video camera! It gets such clear shots! That one little badis looked so excited at the tube! And your old man puff is never end energy! The shrimps look good, too! Soon you should be overrun with them!

So glad that bubbler is helping. Maybe that's all you needed was a little extra surface movement. Hopefully the shrimp will be able to keep it at bay, too.

Also so cute to see the dogs! So I take it the new one gets long just fine with the older ones? I'm also surprised they didn't get in your face when you got down to see the betta and snail tank.
That camera is about 3 years old too .... LoL It is my wife's camera that she has hardly used.

I hoping the bubbles help. I really think some if not all my problems were a lack of surface agitation. Though hopefully it won't be counteractive and hurt my plants.

The dogs do get in my face especially the Puppy. She a licker!!! She and my Dane have had a couple of fights over toys and bones to the point I have had to break them up and some one was bleeding by the end of it. Its only over toys or bones nothing else. So we have to watch them with those items. They haven't had a bad fight in a while and I say bad but I have seen worse from my older dog who really just doesn't care about the puppy being there. That's a shock too as she is there territorial one!
Posted via Mobile Device
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #587
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
New Scarlet Badis

So with the passing of my Male I wanted to get another one.



SO I DID!!!


He's in my QT tank. Hes being a lil shy and doesn't wanna come out of hiding my the floating plants. Which are the only plants I have in the tank at the moment. They are Hornwort and Water Sprite


I know the light is alittle big and a kinda bright but I have some mesh under it to cut down the brightness.



I tried to get some good pics of him but these are the best I could get.






Hes kinda small still but if he makes it through the QT time he should color up. I also got him to take a Blackworm today soo yay for that!!
BWG, thekoimaiden and Chesh like this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #588
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
New video

BWG and thekoimaiden like this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #589
BWG
 
Good pictures of the new scarlet badis! Are you still planning to add any other fish?

Watching the video now. The videos are good, glad you stopped deciding to hold out on everyone.

One really important question though. Have you still not named the puppy?
Boredomb likes this.
BWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #590
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwaterguy View Post
Good pictures of the new scarlet badis! Are you still planning to add any other fish?

Watching the video now. The videos are good, glad you stopped deciding to hold out on everyone.

One really important question though. Have you still not named the puppy?

No still haven't named the puppy yet. I WANT IT GONE!!!! We can't find anyone who will take her.

I still want one more group of fish in this tank but I haven't decided what to get. My store can't get any of the Boraras like i was wanting. So I will have to figure something out down the road for this tank. The Corys were a nice addition as they make the tank soo active now!
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to planted tanks Bigdawg355 Beginner Planted Aquarium 12 06-26-2013 11:53 PM
My planted tanks Obakemono Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 2 12-11-2011 05:04 PM
Planted Tanks Lupin Freshwater Journals 10 12-10-2006 09:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.