Boredomb's Planted Tanks - Page 55
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » Boredomb's Planted Tanks

Boredomb's Planted Tanks

This is a discussion on Boredomb's Planted Tanks within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> Originally Posted by thekoimaiden We'll wait for quality!!! :D...

Like Tree419Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Boredomb's Planted Tanks
Old 04-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #541
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
We'll wait for quality!!! :D
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #542
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Okay guys here is a short walk through of my tanks. I got bored as I am home alone. My wife and daughter are at my sisters house cleaning some chickens. Anyways yeah umm So I did a video tour of my tanks. PLEASE EXCUSE THE MESS in the video!!! If my wife saw this she would absolutely kill me!!! I didn't realize I got some of that in the video until after words.
Also if anyone has ANY ideas on how to kill/get rid of that brown algae PLEASE let me know. I think I am about to the point of breaking down this tank completely and redoing it.



Disclaimer: Don't get use to me doing these types of videos as I HATE hearing myself talk or talking in front of people!!!!
Chesh likes this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boredomb For This Useful Post:
Chesh (04-15-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #543
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Just food for thought,
That brown stringy algae fungus bacteria crap is something I have always had in my puffer tank(s). It doesn't seem to matter how I set it up or what tank I ham using to house the puffer. Doesn't seem to matter what type of filter I use or plants I have in the tank. I don't know what it is or what causes it. Its not something I deal with in my other tanks. I have been dealing with this stuff for 2+ years (the length of time I have had my Dwarf Puffer).
Posted via Mobile Device
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #544
 
thekoimaiden's Avatar
 
Nice video! Great shots of your tanks. Couldn't really see the shrimp, but I believe you they are in there. I don't really know what to tell you about that algae. I noticed some of it growing in one of my snail bowls. It's pretty easy to siphon out, tho. Hopefully the shrimp will help with it.

You have a TON of apple snail babies! It's like they are your new substrate! I'll gladly take a few when you want to get them off your hands, but from the looks of it you've got an apple snail farm going!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #545
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
I told ya I had TONS Izzy! I can't believe how many babies come from a cluster of eggs!! Its insane!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #546
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Just food for thought,
That brown stringy algae fungus bacteria crap is something I have always had in my puffer tank(s). It doesn't seem to matter how I set it up or what tank I ham using to house the puffer. Doesn't seem to matter what type of filter I use or plants I have in the tank. I don't know what it is or what causes it. Its not something I deal with in my other tanks. I have been dealing with this stuff for 2+ years (the length of time I have had my Dwarf Puffer).
Posted via Mobile Device
That appears to be what I had in the same tank that was bad with cyanobacteria around the same time. I mentally connected the two to organics. It was choking the roots of the floating plants, and even occurred down among the other plants. I also saw it on the roots (only) of floating Water Sprite in one or perhaps two other tanks at that time. I really do not know what it is, or the cause. I do suspect it is organics/nutrients related.

Last edited by Byron; 04-13-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Byron For This Useful Post:
Chesh (04-15-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #547
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
That appears to be what I had in the same tank that was bad with cyanobacteria around the same time. I mentally connected the two to organics. It was choking the roots of the floating plants, and even occurred down among the other plants. I also saw it on the roots (only) of floating Water Sprite in one or perhaps two other tanks at that time. I really do not know what it is, or the cause. I do suspect it is organics/nutrients related.
How you stop it then if its do to organics?? There's always going to be things breaking down and causing this right?? It mainly stays on the floating plants like the roots of my water sprite. I also get a slimmy brown film on the leaves of the water sprite in this tank along with a protein flint on the surface of the water. I really wish I know how to fight this! Its only in the puffer tank which is what confuses me the most.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #548
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
How you stop it then if its do to organics?? There's always going to be things breaking down and causing this right?? It mainly stays on the floating plants like the roots of my water sprite. I also get a slimmy brown film on the leaves of the water sprite in this tank along with a protein flint on the surface of the water. I really wish I know how to fight this! Its only in the puffer tank which is what confuses me the most.
In my case, I was working on cleaning up the cyano, and this seemed to go away with it. I haven't seen either for just over a year now.

Rather than bog down this thread, I suggest you start a new one on this specific topic. Other members may have input too that will help us.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #549
 
cool
fish042099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #550
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 



Posted via Mobile Device
thekoimaiden and Chesh like this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to planted tanks Bigdawg355 Beginner Planted Aquarium 12 06-26-2013 11:53 PM
My planted tanks Obakemono Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 2 12-11-2011 05:04 PM
Planted Tanks Lupin Freshwater Journals 10 12-10-2006 09:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.