Boredomb's Planted Tanks - Page 4
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » Boredomb's Planted Tanks

Boredomb's Planted Tanks

This is a discussion on Boredomb's Planted Tanks within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> good luck with the fishies... they are adorably awesome!...

Like Tree419Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Boredomb's Planted Tanks
Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
 
yyankeeyankeefan's Avatar
 
good luck with the fishies... they are adorably awesome!
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
here is a horrible video of them. I will try this weekend to actually get a good video from the video camera.

New puffers - YouTube
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #33
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
That's a nice big tank you're keeping them in. My three are stuck in a small 10 gallon aquarium. Still no signs of aggression, but I want to add some plants to thicken it up a little.

Looking forward to see your new guys tomorrow!

Canadian I just realized you posted videos here LoL They don't show up on my phone. You to me those look like Green spotted puffers????? Are you sure they are Dwarf puffers?? I would make sure they don't get any bigger then an inch max.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
Is the big one paying any attention to the babies?

Could you let the little ones nibble on a bloodworm held with tweezers maybe? I have no idea what to feed them when they are that small.

I saw a home made filter cover on site that was just an aquaclear sponge cut to fit over the end of the intake. I was going to do it if I needed to with the puffers, but I just turned my filter down to low and they're big enough that it hasn't been an issue. Pretty good idea for those little guys though.
The Big one swam by the bag for a little bit before I let the lil guys out but that was about it. After i introduced the new guys they went up to big guy and he didn't do anything... So i thinks all is good!!!

I have no idea how to feed these guys. I was actually going to get some tweezers and try bloodworms and see. I have the store checking on getting some live blackworms for me too. Will see hows things go tomorrow when I feed them. I don't really wanna feed them today as they just go here at 1:30 and are checking out the tank and getting use to it as the spent the last day (was shipped last night or this morning?) in a bag.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #35
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
I hope they're dwarf puffers. If not, they'll need a larger tank as they grow.

When I bought them they said they were full size.

Your tank looks great in that video!
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #36
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
I hope they're dwarf puffers. If not, they'll need a larger tank as they grow.

When I bought them they said they were full size.

Your tank looks great in that video!
Thanks Canadian!! yeah if they aren't Dwarf Puffers ( I could be wrong here but they don't look like it to me) They will definitely need a bigger tank also will need to be in brackish water
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #37
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
They sort of look like Colomesus asellus (Amazon Puffer) as well. They require 15 gallons of water per puffer, according to some sources. They can get up to 5" but 3" is typical. They are friendlier than other puffers and could possibly go in my Rainbowfish tank if the gourami was moved to my Silver Dollar tank.

Otherwise, they'll just need a larger tank of their own as they grow. I just fed them, they're aggressive when they eat.


Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
They sort of look like Colomesus asellus (Amazon Puffer) as well. They require 15 gallons of water per puffer, according to some sources. They can get up to 5" but 3" is typical. They are friendlier than other puffers and could possibly go in my Rainbowfish tank if the gourami was moved to my Silver Dollar tank.

Otherwise, they'll just need a larger tank of their own as they grow. I just fed them, they're aggressive when they eat.


Well hopefully I am wrong ans they are just Dwarf puffers as they are the easiest to take care of.
Canadian Fish likes this.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #39
 
GwenInNM's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
here is a horrible video of them. I will try this weekend to actually get a good video from the video camera.

New puffers - YouTube

Even though the quality is bad, they are dwarf puffers for sure :)

Tank looks great. They'll settle in. If you are breeding snails, but put some really tiny ones in the tank, and they'll find them in time. I would try mysis shrimp for now too. You can buy those frozen, and most fish love them, including puffers!

Gwen
GwenInNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #40
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenInNM View Post
Even though the quality is bad, they are dwarf puffers for sure :)

Tank looks great. They'll settle in. If you are breeding snails, but put some really tiny ones in the tank, and they'll find them in time. I would try mysis shrimp for now too. You can buy those frozen, and most fish love them, including puffers!

Gwen
Hey Gwen Thanks! I might try some mysis shrimp again but the last puffers I had including the adult I have now wouldn't eat them. Hey will you look at the video clip on post 33 and see if those look like DPs?? Those are Canadian fish's and I was questioning if those were dwarf puffers??
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to planted tanks Bigdawg355 Beginner Planted Aquarium 12 06-26-2013 11:53 PM
My planted tanks Obakemono Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 2 12-11-2011 05:04 PM
Planted Tanks Lupin Freshwater Journals 10 12-10-2006 09:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.