5G, 10G, 20G and 29G Plant Growth Tracking - Page 4
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » 5G, 10G, 20G and 29G Plant Growth Tracking

5G, 10G, 20G and 29G Plant Growth Tracking

This is a discussion on 5G, 10G, 20G and 29G Plant Growth Tracking within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> Originally Posted by Jayy I think with all the live plants around it, it looks real. I would keep it, unless your snake needs ...

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
5G, 10G, 20G and 29G Plant Growth Tracking
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #31
 
Termato's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
I think with all the live plants around it, it looks real. I would keep it, unless your snake needs the wood.
Here is my reasoning and let me know what you think.

There are no plants in that area and the substrate is thick. It creates a giant dead area where no light and not much current moves through it.

If I remove that piece of wood I could add more rooting plants to loosen the substrate and just get MORE life in there lol and then the more vertical piece of driftwood in the centerish?

The snake does not need the wood. I was only thinking on that because the snake is getting bigger and likes to explore. I would have to measure the wood to make sure it even fits in the 20 long.

That is the main rescape I am planning.

----

I also want to take the blue pebbles out of the betta tank and put some finner gravel sand in there so mix in with the current gravel. Maybe some darker black substrate. Put that in there with a few java ferns and small driftwood. Some rocks. Take out the fake columns and the bridge. Make it look natural!

----

I need to post picture up for the redone 20 gallon. It looks completely different now.

--

Thanks for the thoughts Jayy!
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #32
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termato View Post
Here is my reasoning and let me know what you think.

There are no plants in that area and the substrate is thick. It creates a giant dead area where no light and not much current moves through it.

If I remove that piece of wood I could add more rooting plants to loosen the substrate and just get MORE life in there lol and then the more vertical piece of driftwood in the centerish?

The snake does not need the wood. I was only thinking on that because the snake is getting bigger and likes to explore. I would have to measure the wood to make sure it even fits in the 20 long.

That is the main rescape I am planning.

----

I also want to take the blue pebbles out of the betta tank and put some finner gravel sand in there so mix in with the current gravel. Maybe some darker black substrate. Put that in there with a few java ferns and small driftwood. Some rocks. Take out the fake columns and the bridge. Make it look natural!

----

I need to post picture up for the redone 20 gallon. It looks completely different now.

--

Thanks for the thoughts Jayy!
Okay, I see what your going for. I would say yes then, find a nice piece of driftwood.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #33
 
Termato's Avatar
 
I was also thinking about getting some black sand gravel to replace that blue marble stuff in the betta 5 gallon.

Here is a better description of everything I want to do:
Overall Tank Updates | Termato's Journals
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #34
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
I say get it out of there! :) I know you've been eying my Manzanita branch. . . I think you NEED one!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
 
Termato's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I say get it out of there! :) I know you've been eying my Manzanita branch. . . I think you NEED one!
Do you still have that link?

Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
 
Termato's Avatar
 
Also,

I am thinking about a Dwarf Gourami for the 29 and a Bolivian Ram for the 20.

Read More here.

Any thoughts?
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:28 AM   #37
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
I don't know much about things, but if you get a gourami, I've been told that you ought to QT it for a period of 6-8 weeks. It sounds extreme, but labrynth fish have their own set of rules and possible diseases to consider. . . Also, aren't they shy? I wonder if your Krib would bother a DG like it did poor Burt? Just thinking with my fingers *shrug* Something to look into, maybe! I'd love one, I think they're amazingly beautiful fish. . .

Before you get another Ram. . . have the nitrates in your tap water gone down? I checked mine again here, and we're back to ZERO. I hope your levels are falling, too! Only ONE!?? You suuuuuuure only ONE!!? ;) Rams are so fun in a group! Dunno how many you could keep in a 20, though. . .

I say go ahead with your your changes in the 5! It'll look fantastic, and he'll love the new look! Can't wait to seeeee!

Want those 20g pictures, Termy! The seller on Ebay that I found is Dougy224 - and it looks like he has some more in stock. Shipping is a BEAST though. There also is a guy that sells boatloads of it (cheaper - but the bark hasn't been sandblasted I think?) on PlantedTanks. I linked to his most recent thread, but just because it's drool-worthy - LOOK!



Can you imagine. . . dude is making a FORTUNE, plus his neighbors think he's insane. And. . . I WANT IT ALL!

Glad to see you inspired again! I can't wait to see what comes of it this time around!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #38
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I don't know much about things, but if you get a gourami, I've been told that you ought to QT it for a period of 6-8 weeks. It sounds extreme, but labrynth fish have their own set of rules and possible diseases to consider. . . Also, aren't they shy? I wonder if your Krib would bother a DG like it did poor Burt? Just thinking with my fingers *shrug* Something to look into, maybe! I'd love one, I think they're amazingly beautiful fish. . .

Before you get another Ram. . . have the nitrates in your tap water gone down? I checked mine again here, and we're back to ZERO. I hope your levels are falling, too! Only ONE!?? You suuuuuuure only ONE!!? ;) Rams are so fun in a group! Dunno how many you could keep in a 20, though. . .

I say go ahead with your your changes in the 5! It'll look fantastic, and he'll love the new look! Can't wait to seeeee!

Want those 20g pictures, Termy! The seller on Ebay that I found is Dougy224 - and it looks like he has some more in stock. Shipping is a BEAST though. There also is a guy that sells boatloads of it (cheaper - but the bark hasn't been sandblasted I think?) on PlantedTanks. I linked to his most recent thread, but just because it's drool-worthy - LOOK!



Can you imagine. . . dude is making a FORTUNE, plus his neighbors think he's insane. And. . . I WANT IT ALL!

Glad to see you inspired again! I can't wait to see what comes of it this time around!
WOW!! Those are some beautiful pieces!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #39
 
LyzzaRyzz's Avatar
 
Wow, I wish I could find peices like that where I live! I can never find any decent peices..my crazy would live to explore them!
Posted via Mobile Device
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #40
 
Termato's Avatar
 
Thanks Ches for the links! Yay! haahha. Now to consider buying one.

I started rescaping the 5 gallon last night.

Journal Post on the Rescape. I also took a quick video of the tank after I changed the substrate. Looks better!

I am going to post actual pictures of ALL the tanks in a few minutes so just wait for that :P.
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plant Growth Issues Kaddock Beginner Planted Aquarium 26 11-29-2011 08:43 PM
Plant growth: Limiting Factors? patadams66 Beginner Planted Aquarium 12 10-17-2011 04:19 PM
One week's plant growth jaybyrd Beginner Planted Aquarium 4 03-06-2008 03:32 PM
High pH affect on plant growth scottysgirl Beginner Planted Aquarium 3 01-28-2007 04:28 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.