09-06-2013, 02:04 PM
| || |
I cut out the center hump on my API test kit lid & stuck the roots of my pothos & airplane/spider plant through, then poked holes in the sides to run fishing line up to a hook in the ceiling. (the blue line in this pic represents the line going up to the ceiling). I was floating the plants in my tank until I got my ammonia, but now they're temporarily floating in an ice cream bucket until I get my tank cycled. If I had more accurate testing equipment, I would have left the plants in the tank, but trying to maintain 4ppm ammonia until the cycle is complete, with the plants absorbing an unknown amount of the ammonia, is too much a pain in the rear going by colors only. I have decided I'm going to get real test equipment, cause I've made up my mind to do a 55 gallon Discus tank in the living room, once I've got this tank where I want it. I'm not in a big hurry --- if it takes me a year to get this tank where I want it, maybe even a year and a half, it'll be all right by me. All I care about is doing it right. I'm posting a picture of my plants with the other pics of my tank on my Aquariums tab.