20 & 55 Gallon Community Tanks
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » 20 & 55 Gallon Community Tanks

20 & 55 Gallon Community Tanks

This is a discussion on 20 & 55 Gallon Community Tanks within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> Added some driftwood and fish to my 20 gallon, and a bubble wall to the 55 gallon. This is my new 55 gallon tank. ...

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
20 & 55 Gallon Community Tanks
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
20 & 55 Gallon Community Tanks

Added some driftwood and fish to my 20 gallon, and a bubble wall to the 55 gallon.



We're new to this hobby but we're really enjoying it. My 3 year old loves going to the fish store every weekend for fish and/or supplies.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
 
yyankeeyankeefan's Avatar
 
your tanks look awesome. i have found that my kids are more calm with the tanks. especially at night. and it gives them a sense of accomplishment and responsibility. my 2 year old and my 4 year old are always helping maintain their tanks (as they each have their own). it can be very fun to engage your child with a fish tank. and also educational. especially with live bearers. when they have babies....it becomes a counting and nurturing game.
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Thanks! After these videos were made I added some driftwood to the 55 gallon tank, looks good and hides the green bubble wand.

My three year old goes crazy in the fish store, and really enjoys our tanks. In addition to the fish, he also really likes the bubbles in the tank. He enjoys the Rainbowfish, they're not scared of anything and come right up to the glass whenever he goes near the aquarium.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
 
yyankeeyankeefan's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
Thanks! After these videos were made I added some driftwood to the 55 gallon tank, looks good and hides the green bubble wand.

My three year old goes crazy in the fish store, and really enjoys our tanks. In addition to the fish, he also really likes the bubbles in the tank. He enjoys the Rainbowfish, they're not scared of anything and come right up to the glass whenever he goes near the aquarium.
nice.
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 




Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
 
yyankeeyankeefan's Avatar
 
i have the same fake log in my tank. my pleco and red tail shark LOVE it. lol. awesome look with the driftood. it looks great! i have thought about rainbow fish. might get a new setup and do some. are they fairly picky on food?
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyankeeyankeefan View Post
i have the same fake log in my tank. my pleco and red tail shark LOVE it. lol. awesome look with the driftood. it looks great! i have thought about rainbow fish. might get a new setup and do some. are they fairly picky on food?
I haven't had them long, but so far I've been alternating between flakes and frozen bloodworms, and they eat them both.

I originally wanted a Red Tail Shark, that was my plan when I bought the 55. However I heard so many stories from people with RTS's that bullied everything else in the tank, so I just decided to go with a peaceful tank. I'm hoping to eventually have 6 Red Rainbowfish, 6 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, and a Bristlenose Pleco. I plan on adding a second Aquaclear 70 long before there are that many fish in the tank.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
 
yyankeeyankeefan's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
I haven't had them long, but so far I've been alternating between flakes and frozen bloodworms, and they eat them both.

I originally wanted a Red Tail Shark, that was my plan when I bought the 55. However I heard so many stories from people with RTS's that bullied everything else in the tank, so I just decided to go with a peaceful tank. I'm hoping to eventually have 6 Red Rainbowfish, 6 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, and a Bristlenose Pleco. I plan on adding a second Aquaclear 70 long before there are that many fish in the tank.
i have not seen my red tail harass any of the fish. he seems to be fairly friendly. and doesn't even get aggressive during feeding time. i guess i just got a laid back one. lol.
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Lucky! How old is he, and how large is he now? They truly are a cool fish to watch. Now I really want to try one in my tank with the Rainbowfish. I wonder if they could get along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyankeeyankeefan View Post
i have not seen my red tail harass any of the fish. he seems to be fairly friendly. and doesn't even get aggressive during feeding time. i guess i just got a laid back one. lol.

Last edited by Canadian Fish; 03-24-2012 at 09:02 AM..
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
 
yyankeeyankeefan's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
Lucky! How old is he, and how large is he now? They truly are a cool fish to watch. Now I really want to try one in my tank with the Rainbowfish. I wonder if they could get along.
mine is about 3 maybe 3.5 inches long and i have had it for about 7 weeks. he is an awesome fish. even leaves my neon tetras alone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (56.4 KB, 50 views)
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want to see your 30 gallon community tanks! Chesh Freshwater Journals 3 03-03-2012 10:19 PM
Combining community tanks Jmalone Livebearers 1 08-11-2011 12:11 AM
pics of 45 gallon community and 10 gallon betta tanks Salix Freshwater Journals 4 12-31-2010 12:12 AM
Community Tanks squilky Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 6 06-10-2010 12:09 AM
community tanks otis07 Vivariums and Reptiles 2 02-24-2007 04:40 PM


Tags
community, danio, fish, platy, rainbow

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.