150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75) - Page 52
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » 150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75)

150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75)

This is a discussion on 150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75) within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> Thanks Koi. Those Flying Foxes...yeah they are probably SAE. I did get good video today: Flying Foxes or SAE? - YouTube Flying Foxes or ...

Like Tree259Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75)
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #511
 
Thanks Koi. Those Flying Foxes...yeah they are probably SAE. I did get good video today:


I also got some adorable loach madness video when they got Tilapia to munch on:

Chesh likes this.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #512
 
thekoimaiden's Avatar
 
I had a dickens of a time trying to get those videos to load tonight, but I'm glad I kept trying! Your loaches are just too cute! It's like the funniest game of keep away!

Your rainbows do look a little pale. Are you going to move them this weekend?

If you wanted to put SAE in your 150 you could grow them out in your 80 for a while before adding them. Maybe Queen won't see them as a snack that way.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #513
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I had a dickens of a time trying to get those videos to load tonight, but I'm glad I kept trying! Your loaches are just too cute! It's like the funniest game of keep away!

Your rainbows do look a little pale. Are you going to move them this weekend?

If you wanted to put SAE in your 150 you could grow them out in your 80 for a while before adding them. Maybe Queen won't see them as a snack that way.
It is. Yes they are quite pale. They are beginning to color up a bit (the male is at least). I do hope by the weekend to net and transition them over to the 150. I want to get the water change done on that tank before doing that though so they don't go through move stress and then wc stress.

Yeah I was thinking about that. I could also keep an eye out for any particularly large ones they might have at the pet store.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #514
 
Got the other two up finally.

Here I've got a feeding video


These are the ropes and the bichirs pushing and shoving over chopped worms.

I also have video of the 5 Black Skirt Tetra that I brought home. One definitely seems to have Ich and tonight I did the first dose of Rid Ich Plus. Tomorrow they get a water change and another dose.

Chesh likes this.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #515
 
konstargirl's Avatar
 
I saw your recent videos today on youtube and made a few comments

Username= chichirinuriko20.. our Albino Bichir looks interesting.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #516
 
I have updates for every one of my large tanks!

I got 18 Rainbowfish (mixed species it seems) on sale for a really good price. As such there are now updates to the stocking of my tanks.

The 150 now has a very large school of Rainbowfish with 18 individuals fish. This makes the stocking 1 Ornate Bichir, 1 Pearl gourami, 1 Moonlight Gourami, and 18 Rainbowfish.


The 80 gallon had 5 more Rainbowfish added in making the school 8. Also all 4 Black Skirt Tetra have been moved over as well. So final stocking (I consider max at this point) is 14 loaches, 8 rainbowfish, 1 peacock eel, 4 black skirt tetra.


The 90 gallon has new plants. Cuban Ludwegia has been added in to the front left side, and the back right side. All three Bronze wendetti crypts have their own individual root tab, and we also layed root tabs down for the newbies. This tank now runs off of a Powerhead hooked to the sponge filter. It is a Marineland Maxi-jet 600.

Chesh likes this.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #517
 
thekoimaiden's Avatar
 
I really like those black skirt tetra in your tank! They seem to have much more personality than most tetra. And they are so dark!

Sen is such a ham in your 90 update! Your old Tetra "whisper" sounds a lot like mine did. The small models are okay... but those large models make you want to rip your hair out!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #518
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I really like those black skirt tetra in your tank! They seem to have much more personality than most tetra. And they are so dark!

Sen is such a ham in your 90 update! Your old Tetra "whisper" sounds a lot like mine did. The small models are okay... but those large models make you want to rip your hair out!
These are my first experiences with Tetra. I expected spazzy little butts. They are butts for sure but definitely with some personality :3

She is. She's at complete peace now that she's settled so well in the tank and on a regular feeding schedule. Even the the small whisper makes me want to rip my hair out. I can't imagine why they have to be so noisy.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #519
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
Everything is really coming along beautifully, Fox. Gorgeous tanks with happy friends - always lovely to see. You said you're at max stocking on the 80. . . was wondering if you thought about adding more of the Tetra? Just curious, really. I know they were rescues. Happy to see them doing so well, and ich-free now. :)
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #520
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
Everything is really coming along beautifully, Fox. Gorgeous tanks with happy friends - always lovely to see. You said you're at max stocking on the 80. . . was wondering if you thought about adding more of the Tetra? Just curious, really. I know they were rescues. Happy to see them doing so well, and ich-free now. :)
Thanks Ches. Honestly I'm not too interested in bringing anymore in. I may in the future buy two more and put them through QT as well just to have a good group. I'm happy too, everyone is so happy.

The rainbows now approach the front of the tank in the 80 to beg, it's adorable.
Chesh likes this.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
75 Gallon Rescape: Bichir Tank Sanguinefox Freshwater Journals 107 07-07-2012 09:11 PM
10 gallon shrimp tank upgrade dtrea2662 Invertebrates 1 04-16-2012 06:02 PM
30 gallon to 70 gallon Query. (Cheap Upgrade) zaitmi Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 3 12-09-2009 03:26 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.