Originally Posted by Termato
Yea I'm glad I made it back safe. It was quite the drive through that storm.
HAHA yea it was really cool to finally get to meet sang and see all her fishies!
After looking at her loaches....I kinda want to fill out my shoals.....lol...but I need to put more sand and take out more rocks in the 150.
It would be so cute to see loachbutts in your 150.
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden
I'm so glad that everything turned out okay. Crazy day for you two to pick swapping tanks. Probably the last snow we'll get here for the season. Crazy weather
Sen does look small in that tank, but it could just be the open space. When those plants grow in, she'll look more normal to us.
I know you were thinking about dithers with the loaches, but what about this tank? Do bichir need/like dithers?
I've never seen a reason for them to need dithers.
That said I've finally done an overview of all 4 tanks now with video:
The 90 gallon has now received the second bit of wood that was on the right side of the 150 gallon. This fills in that side rather nicely and gives Stumpini back his ferns that he loves to sleep in. Yes Stumpini is now in the 90 gallon. I need to get good video of him side by side Sen so you can get an idea of how much he is growing/ has grown. I also added in some riccia and other floaters from the 10 gallon, and moved the water wisteria back a bit. I'm not sure I like where the sponge filter is but for now everything works. Last to do for this tank is move the Ropefish over. I want to give it some time for the two bichirs to calm down and work out their territory. Also note the addition of Bronze Wendtii. We got a larger potted plant from the pet-store but I split it up into three plant lets. I am hoping the chosen places to put them will not be an issue down the road when they melt/bounce and start to grow in. Root tabs will have to be purchased soon to ensure the roots get what they need as this substrate isn't mature by a long shot.
The 150 of course has a glaring area on the right side devoid of wood. I've moved some plants from the middle over to that side so it looks less empty. I like this set up because it gives the fish more room to swim and when the plants grow in will be a nice spot for the Rainbows to chill. I do want to get more Rainbows into this tank but not right now. This tank is now going through weekly 50% water changes as I try to get a lot of the build up out of that tank. Both Canisters have recently been cleaned, and after today's water change Casanova the blue Rainbowfish actually spawned with a female. He did it over on the left side of the tank on a piece of wood but...then the Pearl Gourami came up and ate what appears to be all the eggs.
The 10 gallon is no longer divided. If one positive thing out of this the betta is quite happy to have his space back and guards his column thing quite fiercely.
The 80 does look quite lonely with nothing swimming around in the mid/upper level. I am considering getting flying foxes or SAE's for this tank. Percy the Eel is still alive. I saw him this morning when he came out to look at me and beg for food. That's really it for now with updates. Hopefully I won't have any further fish issues as everyone is properly divided.