150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75) - Page 28
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » The Tropical Fish Keeping Community » Aquarium Photography » Freshwater Journals » 150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75)

150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75)

This is a discussion on 150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75) within the Freshwater Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Photography category; --> Originally Posted by Chesherca I can't WAIT to see what happens with this tank, so exciting to have another tank to play with - ...

Like Tree259Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
150 Gallon Bichir Tank (Upgrade from 75)
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #271
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I can't WAIT to see what happens with this tank, so exciting to have another tank to play with - I swear you're the queen of good deals! I'd love to take some fernbabies off your hands, but alas! Christmas comes first. . . *sigh* NOT fair. My fish don't get presents. . . *wonders if she could make a tank tree out of riccia*



Wait. . . what? I just got all confused. Did you take the loaches out of the main tank, along with the naughty gouramis and the 3rd Bichir? I'd have thought you would grow out the yoyo's to be put INTO the Bichir tank - did I miss something again? Well, wherever they are - more loaches is ALWAYS a great idea *GRINS*

Anyway, congrats and hooray on the new addition! Keep posting!
No no, the loach are still in the big tank. When the new tank is ready I plan to bring the existing loach over. Later on I will get baby yoyo loaches so they can be one big family without the fear of being eaten by Queen.

If you can ever come up with the cost of shipping I'd send you java fern babies and a cutting of riccia for free. Just cannot front the shipping right now.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #272
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguinefox View Post
No no, the loach are still in the big tank. When the new tank is ready I plan to bring the existing loach over. Later on I will get baby yoyo loaches so they can be one big family without the fear of being eaten by Queen.

If you can ever come up with the cost of shipping I'd send you java fern babies and a cutting of riccia for free. Just cannot front the shipping right now.
Stop tempting me, woman!!! Hmmm, maybe the girls can go with one less present under the tree. . . I'll send you a PM or catch you in chat later and we can work something out - but I don't want to take them for free! You need the cash to get that NEW tank set up, too! We'll figure something out!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #273
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
Stop tempting me, woman!!! Hmmm, maybe the girls can go with one less present under the tree. . . I'll send you a PM or catch you in chat later and we can work something out - but I don't want to take them for free! You need the cash to get that NEW tank set up, too! We'll figure something out!
Hehe, I would appreciate it. I found some really good drift wood I really want to get for the new tank but...that's nothing.

So I now know what I am going to get for my big tank.


Was not planning to bring anything home today from the pet store...but this poor guy just had to come. He was living in this tank with a mean Arowana (very nasty temperment), an even nastier jack dempsey and a sting ray that kept trying to gnaw on his tail. I couldn't leave him in there. I learned he had been there for a few months because no one wanted him. I cannot imagine why, he's so darling.

Still being a bit shy and I think he's underfed but I got him to eat some blood worms.



Eventually will have to find two other rope fish but this guy is completely cool with the two bichirs and they were...very interested in him. Even the female sen followed him around, and the gourami kept inspecting him too. He does seem trully happier going from a tank with all those terrors, no hiding spots, no sand...nothing to feel safe to all those plants, the wood, etc.

Also we'll see what we can do.
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #274
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
Awesome! I love those things. My LFS got them in at a good size and a good price not too long ago, but my tank still wasn't cycled. Otherwise I would have jumped at them! I hear they're crazy jumpers and escape artists as well. I would like to have some one day.

Nice find! And he'll be much happier away from all those bullies!
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #275
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
Awesome! I love those things. My LFS got them in at a good size and a good price not too long ago, but my tank still wasn't cycled. Otherwise I would have jumped at them! I hear they're crazy jumpers and escape artists as well. I would like to have some one day.

Nice find! And he'll be much happier away from all those bullies!
How much did you lfs charge for them? Yeah people say that about bichirs like senegalus and ornates. Have yet for them to try to test the tops but then again I tend to keep the water level lower for a reason.

Also oops, didn't do the video right.

Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #276
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
$6.99 and they were already quite long. They went quickly.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #277
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Fish View Post
$6.99 and they were already quite long. They went quickly.
Wish some place would get those in here for that cost ;/
Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #278
 
thekoimaiden's Avatar
 
:O I've missed sooo much! Congrats on the new tank!! It looks great!!! Once the loaches outgrow it, will you get some other bottom dwellers like kuhli loaches or cories?

Your ropefish is AMAZING!!! He sounds like he will be a great addition to your 150!! I hope you can find him another two buddies. ^-^ So happy for you!! (And the ropefish that got rescued from that terrible tank. I don't doubt the arowana would have made a meal of him)
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #279
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
:O I've missed sooo much! Congrats on the new tank!! It looks great!!! Once the loaches outgrow it, will you get some other bottom dwellers like kuhli loaches or cories?

Your ropefish is AMAZING!!! He sounds like he will be a great addition to your 150!! I hope you can find him another two buddies. ^-^ So happy for you!! (And the ropefish that got rescued from that terrible tank. I don't doubt the arowana would have made a meal of him)
Thank you. Also D: I sure hope they don't outgrow the tank. A handful of yoyo and golden zebra should be able to live out their life-span in this 80 gallon. I plan to bring at least four babies home but if I can swing more I will when the tank is ready for them. That way I have a happy shoal and they get the bottom of the tank all to themselves. May also consider down the road adding some cute zebra loach.

The big tank will then just hold Queen, the female sen, the two gourami, and hopefully 3 rope fish if I get another two for them.

That said the stand is partially done.

Sanguinefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #280
 
Canadian Fish's Avatar
 
The stand is looking good, is it your brother is building it? Nice. Saves you a ton.

I love your choice of loaches. I have zebra loaches, they are some of my favorite fish. I have been trying to get yoyos since I had a tank finish cycling in May and my LFS still hasn't gotten any in.
Canadian Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
75 Gallon Rescape: Bichir Tank Sanguinefox Freshwater Journals 107 07-07-2012 09:11 PM
10 gallon shrimp tank upgrade dtrea2662 Invertebrates 1 04-16-2012 06:02 PM
30 gallon to 70 gallon Query. (Cheap Upgrade) zaitmi Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 3 12-09-2009 03:26 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.