First of all the connection was a bust. Turns out it was a 75 gallon tank. That's cool though. My friend will have a nice tank for when he gets into salt water again.
I've gone through weeded out a lot of dead/decaying matter. I've removed the plastic plants. I've moved some things up a little for more room in the back. I've also added a line of Microsword that I found at Pet-Smart. I cut it into four sections and tied each section to a rock. Then I buried the rock in the sand.
For some reason this picture makes me giggle a bit:
Here is a picture of the Betta Tank:
All of the plants in there are taking off. I will be dosing the tanks now with Flourish now that I have it. Video comes in next post once uploaded.