So. HUGE update. My plants came in today so the shrimp tank looks much more full! And I stuffed the 29 gal with crypts!! Unfortunately I dug up a lot of unused root tabs (those dwarf sag and pygmy chain swords just never grew) so the water is horribly cloudy. I did a water change to remove some of the excess nutrients. Now for the pictures!
I added Myrio and Bacopa to the shrimp tank. It looks so much more full now! I tested the water, and it all looks clean. If it stays this good I'll put the remaining cherries in the tank! Jes, the substrate is eco complete. I wanted to try something new. I'll see how it works for me.
These are the new crypts. Any full tank-shots I took just came out terribly. I even had to edit this one to get the plants to show up better. I really hope these guys recover from their trip and grow nice and big!