The Pepper Cory
appears to have pulled through. It was difficult and stressful to nurse him back to health. What I did was:
1. Spot fed him after feeding the tank so they didn't "trample" him while they were in their frenzy. I'm pretty sure this caused me to overfeed the tank which only made this event more difficult to manage
2. In the middle of last week I did a 40% water change and double-dosed the tank with API stresscoat.
3. Three days ago I started introducing API Melafix to the tank. I did this to hopefully keep the wound from getting infected. And according to the label this stuff helps promote quick healing.
I don't know if these steps attributed to the recovery of this Pepper Cory
but he seems to be doing better.
4. Today (Sunday the 17th) I did a 20% water change, another dose of Melafix and made sure to clean as much of the Fecal matter off of the substrate to provide him with a cleaner environment so he could finish the healing process.
- The Melafix dosing will continue until friday the 22nd which will be when I do a 50% water change (Or whatever the instructions say on the Melafix bottle