So I got the 10 gallon set up. As usual I was a walking disaster. I took water out of my 35 for the 10. I was siphoning into a bucket and didn't realize the hose came out of the bucket. I was flooding the kitchen and I didn't even notice. My kid noticed, thank God. Before it got out of hand.
Also, slipped getting on the stool and spilled water all over the counter.
Also knocked over an open can of 7Up on the counter.
Oh my. Typical.
Anyway, it's set up. I got 4 live plants in there. That's 3 planted tanks I have now. The water in the tanl was from an established tank. Some people say it doesn't help, some say it does, I figured I might as well. The sponge in the Aquaclear 20 I'm using is a chunk I cut off the established Aquaclear 70 sponge. I also stuck the rest of the sponge in the tank, figured it couldn't hurt. I also put a nylon of substrate from my Silver Dollar
tank. I'm also going to add a bottle of live bacteria.
So hopefully I can add dwarf puffers in the next day or two.
I put a Betta log (I think that's what it is) in there because it said the more ways you separate dwarf puffers the better. That's also why I got 4 plants.
Oh, I put one of those ammonia remover packs in the Aquaclear too, to be safe. Dwarf puffers need good water.