I just have to tell this to people who will appreciate it. Two days ago we moved. The movers wouldn't touch my 29-gallon planted aquarium, so I had no choice but to siphon out all but about 2.5 inches of water above the substrate line and put it in the back of a pickup truck. It is planted with giant hairgrass, green and red crypt wendtii, Wisteria
, 2 anubis plants, some Java Fern
floating, and Water Sprite
. It is presently overstocked because we had to combine all the tanks into one in order to show my house for sale. It holds 2 large true SAE, 7 harlequin raspboras, 6 Diamond Tetra
, 8 neon tetras, 3 balloon mollies, 3 danios (the glofish), 3 male guppies, and 5 kuhli loaches.
The weather here in Oklahoma is extremely scorching, recording record highs, and it hit 113 degrees here that day. We moved the fish at 1:20 p.m. It is a long, bumpy 10 miles to the new house and we were going extraordinarily slow. Our closing on the sale of the house was at 2 (it was a nightmare day for sure), and so I didn't get to add water until after dark because the water here is city water as opposed to the well where we were and I didn't have dechlorinator.
Everything except 1 neon and 1 harlequin survived!
I think these fish must be the toughest fish in town!