02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Mikaila31
The 48 watts would of been great light, defiantly not too much IMO.
I agree the light was workable. However, the level of lighting required carbon dioxide as well as frequent fertilization and constant trimming because of the explosive growth. Also with this amount of light i was having issues with many types of algaes, the worst of which was the BGA or cyanobacteria.
If one has the time and energy to deal with a high light setup(getting everything in balance and keeping it there); then it's definitely not too much light. I just think for a beginner its a big pill to swallow to go high light setup. It's much easier and more consistent to go low light. IMO. I probably worded it too strongly, but only to try to help the thread starter.