05-08-2010, 01:51 PM
| || |
Left heater on changing water. Think it broke?
Title says it all. Accidently left my heater on for maybe 30-45 minutes.
In case anyone is interested. It happened because I thought it was connected to the extension cord. And I told my dad to unplug the extension cord. Apparently only the filter is connected to the extension cord. So do'h left the heater on... (I had the siphon in my hand so asked dad to do it)...
Anyways, I went to plug it in since the water level had risen enough to turn it on, when I realized it was plugged in the whole time. I was adding gravel to my 44g so it was left unsubmerged for even longer.
Idk what happens to the heater when you do this. :/ Any help what I should do? I hope not to have to buy a new one....