I have a Eheim 2217 which i have and want to setup for the first time for a 75g tank. May have a Aquaclear 110 as a back-up, maybe with mech media only. It will be a planted tank, with fancy Goldfish
. Will put a sponge as a prefilter to the Eheim (either at the inlet take, or as a seperate part that connect to the inlet, such as the filter max 3. Here are some basic questions:
1) The medias donot come with a net. This would be a concern for cleaning later for the bio and the ehfimech (tubes). Where can i buy some nice nets, what are my options
2) If i put a sponge as a pre-filter, wont the ehfimech (tubes that are the rough filter - 1st stage) become useless, and thus i should replace it with something else? In which case, what would you recommend?
3) I want to remove the carbon, and replace it with either purigen or fine filter floss, or maybe both actually, so the purigen first, then the filter floss as last stage. I hurd the purigen is good to keep the water clearer, just dont know if it is bad for plants. Any comments / suggestions?
4) How does one prime the canister?
5) How do i know when i need to clean the canister?
6) How does one clean the canister?
Thanks in advance