09-18-2010, 08:49 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by TFish
I am debating breeding guppies in my 10 gallon tank which currently has 3 male platies (I figure I have room for 1 male 2 female or 1 male 3 female guppies) and have a few questions:
1) Would the male platies bully the female guppies to mate?
most probally yes
2) Would I need a seperate tank to put the fry in?
yes you do a 10 gallon is to small to fit all and have adequate place to hide
3) How many fry do guppies give birth to?
depends on how large the female is
anything between 1 to 30... i got 30 in 1 night
4) Where do you sell/give them away to?
friends, fellow members here, online the sky's the limit
I'll ask my mom to call a couple LFS later, but I really only have Petco, PetChoice, etc. Can you put them online on Craigslist (the guy at Petco recommended it) or something. I wouldn't really want to ship them yet.
even on craiglist you could do a trade of CAC or COD
5) How quickly do people buy them? What happens if I have (I guess you can say) "leftovers"?
depends on the type, quality and buyer .. you'll have to swap or give them away for free but some pet stores will help take them off your hands to be re-soled