Hi, I'm new here and have a few questions about breeding my fish.
I have a 35 gallon hexagon tank, which is reason for my name. Heres the fish I have in it at the moment.
an albino tinfoil barb(around 4 inches)
two balloon mollies(1m/1f)(soon getting more, possibly)
an irridescent shark(also called Pangais Catfish)
a green common(aneus, sp?) cory cat
a red wag platy
an orange/red lyretail swordtail male
Firstly, I was wondering if the male balloon molly will actually cause her to die because of too much breeding, she doesnt look too stressed, but she hides sometimes.
I was also wondering, will the red wag be okay without a mate?
And now my real breeding questions...
1) Will having 1m/1f balloon mollies stress the female out untill she dies?
2) I have seen the variatus in the petstores near me, what is this fish a cross of? I read it somewhere on here... but I'm not sure. And if it is something I already have in my tank, which ones is it?
3) Should I invest in a cheap 5 gallon tank, and put my recently purchased molly(the female, lol) and whatever is a livebearer(thats in my tank) thats a female... I'm not sure what the red wag is yet... I havent had a chance to look.
4)What in my tank will eat the fry, like a major fry eater, not just 1 or 2 if its on the verge of starving(which will like... never ever happen to my fish)
5) Would petstores look into buying fish from someone not their usual supplier, if I offer them the fish for around 60% less than what they sell them to the public for?
6) If the fish thats pregnant has a disease, like Ich/Ick, will that be transferred to the fry?(none of my fish have it, but I once had a white molly, and 2 fry survuved, while the rest of the tank died, than around 2 weeks later the fry died)