07-25-2011, 02:22 PM
| || |
Well its been interesting, I'm pretty much done with the build with the addition of my 20 gallon sump and the 30 gallon tank, I've been running the whole setup for the past 2 days getting water levels right and final check for leaks. The auto top off is ready and working but the only part I haven't finished from my original plan was the slow drip water removal, I have a bit more pondering on that before I try and do it.
I'm not going to try and figure how much I spent since my plans kept changing as I found acrylic tanks for good deals. All in all I'm happy with the result and it was a fun project to work on an hour or two here and there and hope to repeat the project someday when I get a garage to put them in.
The only thing I would change doing the whole thing would be to do 90% of the pumping in pvc instead of vinyl tubing, I would only do the tubing on the last foot of the connections so I could have some movement with everything.
Now to add fish.....