new tank - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
New Member
new tank

I'm getting ready to move in to my new house. I have a 40 gallon saltwater tank now. My wife works at a glass shop and the owner offered to build me a new tank for free. Well not free, I have to build him a cabinet for his. He will make it out of 1/2" glass. I want it 48x24x24. My question is should he drill the overflow holes in the bottom or the back of the tank????????
papap is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 PM
onefish2fish's Avatar
depending on what kind of overflow you go with will decide where the holes should be. if the overflows like a reg. reef ready tank then it will be the bottom, if its a box or coast to coast it will be the back wall.
onefish2fish is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
New Member
not sure what type of overflow to use. i have one of the CPR that hang on the back of my tank now. I want to get away from this system. If anyone has any idea or pictures of how I should do this let me know. Thanks
papap is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM
onefish2fish's Avatar
i personally used and i am very happy with it. there are DIY overflows which could work too. i agree that the hang on overflows arnt the best.
onefish2fish is offline  

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome