I originally designed this app because I found myself at yard sales and finding great deals on tanks but the owner had no clue on the actual size of the tank. I found myself wishing I had a pocket aquarium calculator. I installed it as a beta for a few friends devices and they convinced me to add a other tank formulas and units of measure used in other countries to the app and release it to the community. I have since been using it while designing sumps.
iTank Calc v 1.0 is a feature rich FREE
calculator for the iPhone and iPod Touch that is used to determine the volume of an aquarium by entering a few simple measurements.
Each calculator has been coded with the user in mind. Use it to find the volume of an existing aquarium or for one you are building. Features
- Easy to use user interface
- Calculate Rectangle/Cube. Cylinder, and hexagon tanks
- Easy touch screen keyboard
- Each output is rounded to the nearest hundredth ie. 25.54 US gallons
- Returns answers in U.S Gallons, UK Gallons or Liters
- Help page with a diagram for each calculator for reference when measuring
- In app support and suggestions email links
- IOS 4.0+ compatible Screenshots
If this app the app does well and I get some email feedback I will implement some addition things to including:
More tank shapes
I won't add a link to it but those of you with an supported can get it from the app store just search iTank Calc.
Comments and suggestions appreciated :P