hahah...omg no...I work with electronics...sooooo many nasty chemicals used on/in the components during every step of their manufacturing and mounting! Flux, nasty epoxies, cleaning acids...no way!
Maybe you could spray many layers of water insoluble clear lacquer labelled "baby safe"? If it were me, I'd let it soak in water for a while to help let any chemicals that will leach out do just that. I'd also probably do a few carbon filter changes after putting it in to help grab hold of any chemicals that do come off. *shrug* It'll be interesting! If you do use "non toxic" lacquer...do you think it'll leach less chemicals that those nice brightly colored plastic "non toxic" (but horribly smelling) fish tank decorations from china? I wouldn't imagine it'd be all that different...but that's my purely out-of-the-air opinion.