02-23-2009, 01:37 AM
| || | you are correct, so if chlorine were present in significant amounts in you water you wouldn’t do a large water change without treating the water. but if you just need to add a little bit of water, you don’t need to treat it. It is not concentrated enough, and will not stay dissolved in the water for very long.
Originally Posted by gammahermit
but doesn't the clorinie kill the bacteria that break down the amonia in the fish waste? isn't that why it is put in the water in the first place to keep bacteria from growing in the water.