09-28-2010, 11:47 PM
| || |
Pic with the lid on... I tried to get the best angle that I could, but the tank is very large, and I'm pretty short so I was standing on something and holding the camera over my head pointing down and just praying that I got most ofthe lid in there...
As of today, the tank is now filled with water, cycling once again... I will be adding one last detail to the lid - the big hole that you currently see is where the light will sit. Long annoying story about the sheet getting welded upside down into the frame, and something getting spliced in the wrong spot resulted in the gap ending up smack dab in the middle of the tank rather than off to the side as I originally designed it... but I'm being too critical I think. In any case, I'm not comfortable with the fact that the cord runs very close to the water coming out of the filter, so I am going to make something for the light to sit in that provides a waterproof barrier between it and that filter.
so. this picture is sans light for now (taken yesterday, so not filled with water yet). I hope to pick up some plants and also have that frame/barrier for the light completed on friday.