It was a great deal, definitely worth the work so far. I am thinking of stocking it with rasboras (I'm thinking harlequin, I have them in my smaller office tank and I really like them - had a couple other kinds suggested in another thread, checked them out, but still like the harlequins best). I would also like cardinal tetras and a few angelfish. I'm trying to decide whether I should add an additional type of fish, or if I would prefer to increase the number of rasboras and tetras. I've thought about a few different fish, and african dwarf frogs, but all of the other ones that I've thought about and plugged in to aqadvisor have come up with issues/incompatibility.
i got the tank scrubbed out... will post pics when I can get some decent ones. I took a bunch of pictures periodically throughout the scrubbing process, but the pictures of the tank once I got it (almost) completely cleaned turned out fuzzy.
I've got the leak test started... I looked online for different methods and found a bunch that suggested filling it in increments over a period of a few days so that's what I've started doing...I am slightly concerned about the seams along the top (starting from the top, and extending about 1/5 of the way down) because the silicone feels a little harder to the touch, but so far the tank is half full and no leaks yet.
and... I don't think I'm ready for saltwater just yet...