03-30-2009, 02:55 AM
| || |
Nitrites were at .25 last night. It actually looked to be between 0 and .25, but i just rounded up to .25. I figure i should plan for the worst and hope for the best.
..New problem, The runt of the 5 barbs seems to have gotten picked on. It may have something to do with not feeding them regular to keep from feeding ammonia, i don't really know. Anyways, His tail has been nipped pretty bad.
1. will his tail ever fully recover
2. How do i treat this?
3. How quickly will it turn to fin rot?
4. What is the likeliness of it turning to fin rot?
5. What are the best ways to tell if it is fin rot?
Now what should i do about it? I have the 10 gallon running which is almost cycled, so it seems. A 20 gallon i just set up to cycle. And a 5 that is not up at all. I figure i probably need to medicate the little guy. I can either leave him in the 10 and move the rest to the 20 and force them to go through a cycle again, put the little one in the 20 and medicate it, or transfer some of the stuff/water from the 10 to the 5 and medicate him there. Suggestions? i've never had to medicate before, which brings me to the next question:
6. Once you medicate the tank, will i be able to use it for fish again or just a med tank?