09-22-2006, 08:25 AM
| || |
the care and feeding of algae eaters?
Hi, I'm a novice at freshwater fish. I had a golden-colored algae eater, but it died. I don't know if they need food or what happened. I thought they just ate the algae in the tank, but maybe it ate it all and starved, I don't know. I have a 10-gallon tank, with 3 cardinal tetras, a dalmation molly, and this pinkish fish with a black dot on it's tail that's the same size as the molly (but I forgot it's name). I'd like to get another algae eater, and maybe some guppies or other fish, but everytime I add new fish, they seem to die after a few months. The molly and pink fish are the only ones I've had stay alive.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Mostly I'm wondering about the algae eaters, if they need food or what.