Help please!! - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Member
 
wannalearn's Avatar
 
not real sure what they are to be honest. try squiting them with a little bit of lemon juice.. a few drops in a turkey baster, squirt them in the mouth, anybody else have a better idea???
wannalearn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Mojano Anemone. Pest Anemone. Man you got a ton of them, WOW.

Majano anemone control, removal, and identification
Lemon Juice shot into the mouth of the beasty will kill them. Need a syringe, and don't use alot.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannalearn View Post
not real sure what they are to be honest. try squiting them with a little bit of lemon juice.. a few drops in a turkey baster, squirt them in the mouth, anybody else have a better idea???
Syringe, not turkey baster, PH will go off the chart if you get to much in the tank water. Gotta shoot them in the mouth, and those are big enough to see the mouths.
Sorry I missed this yeaterday. My bad.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 10-02-2011, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Well thank you very much everyone! This is not my tank this is my friends who im trying to help get back on track. I will kill each one by one with the lemon juice. Most tedious thing of my life lol
SaltwaterTaylor14 is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterTaylor14 View Post
Well thank you very much everyone! This is not my tank this is my friends who im trying to help get back on track. I will kill each one by one with the lemon juice. Most tedious thing of my life lol
Are they Mojano? Do they look like the close-up that I posted?
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Member
 
onefish2fish's Avatar
 
the first picture posted resembles an aptasia but the second picture looks to be some sort of leather possibly and the polyps to the right of it appear to look more like palythoas.
onefish2fish is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefish2fish View Post
the first picture posted resembles an aptasia but the second picture looks to be some sort of leather possibly and the polyps to the right of it appear to look more like palythoas.
Yea, I hear ya. Thats why I posted a pic, so that he could confirm if they were or not.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
I think it looks more like that anenomie you listed before. Its all over my friends tank. Idk what to do using a syringe on each one i feel like wont work because they will just keep coming back
SaltwaterTaylor14 is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 10-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterTaylor14 View Post
I think it looks more like that anenomie you listed before. Its all over my friends tank. Idk what to do using a syringe on each one i feel like wont work because they will just keep coming back
No, once you have eliminated them form the tank, they are gone. Unless they come back from your friend putting something back into the tank that has them. I've had them before, I do not have them anymore. Been a very long time since I've gotten rid of mine. May take you some time to kill them all, but you'll get em.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Member
 
wannalearn's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
Syringe, not turkey baster, PH will go off the chart if you get to much in the tank water. Gotta shoot them in the mouth, and those are big enough to see the mouths.
Sorry I missed this yeaterday. My bad.

i guess that makes better sence.. lol be hard to do a "few drops" with a turkey baster lol
wannalearn is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome