So I am getting a 55 gallon soon and I already have 1 Marble Angel... I have done some research on community fish and what would be compatible and discovered I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to Scalare Angels. I would like to increase the number of Angels in the tank so the one I have isn't under any stress from being a "Loner" in a grossly undersized tank (Currently 10G
So the Questions I have are :
- Are the Color Variations (Lace , Veil , Marble , Solid Black , Striped , so on and so forth) compatible with one another in a small group of about 4 to 6 ?
I read in the Scalare Profile that one should purchase the school of Angels all at once. So they can establish their "pecking order" I suppose. I already have an Angel who is approximately 3" in length already. So in an effort to not cause any stress to the resident Angel or needless bullying/stress to the soon to be new arrivals...
2. Should I purchase each Angel individually at different stores?
3. Should they be introduced to the new Cycled Tank all at the same time?
If I do have 3 to 6 angels in the same 55 gallon tank ...
4. What would be the suggested number of Angels for a tank this size?
5. Should I try to pair color types? i.e..Two Marbles, Two Striped Ones and Two Oarnge Ones
6. Would I still be able to put a school of Rasboras' , Congo Tetras or Diamond Tetras in the tank?
Should I purchase a 20 to 30 Gallon tank so when and if the Pairs " heed the call "
I have somewhere for them to go? Or would the 10 Gallon Hospital/QT suffice? (I'm pretty sure if they start breeding It becomes a whole new ball game huh?)
All Comments and Suggestions Welcome.