i was interested in owning an oscar, but i know nothing about them. i have never owned any cichlids, or any fish of that size. I would most likely purchase a juvenile. here are my questions;
1. what size tank would it require (i know how big they get)? i only plan on keeping one, but i want him to be comfortable.
2. what do they eat?
3. I am aware that there are diff. colorations - but is their basic behavior the same?
4. what kind of extra things does it need in its tank? most of the ones i have seen are in pretty bare tanks - no plants.
5. water quality- do they require any specific parameters??
6. i have heard they live a long time- true or myth??
thanks for all your help!