03-29-2012, 07:48 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Ogre44
I would steer clear of the Grape Vine.
I had a horrible experience with it where I lost a fish and had to redo my entire tank.
It developed a fungus over all exposed surfaces, not sure if this was toxic or if it caused a Nitrite spike due to rapid decomposition.
Invest in some real wood, it won't look quite as cool and twisty, but it'll be worth it in the end.
This is very true, thanks Ogre for catching this, I had missed it earlier.
This wood is notorious for toxic fungus. Mikaila had a terrible issue and I believe fish losses, and I had what I thought was Mopani but in hindsight may have been grapewood, and nearly lost fish. I would never risk this wood.