Hello! I have another post on here about yellow labs as I eventually want both them and angel fish but will start off one at a time but I can't decide which I should get first!
So really to be honest my heart has always fallen to angelfish for a very long time I have dreamt having them and have been I guess, a goal to aspire to.
There is a change coming to Australia which would obliterate small imports on cichlids gourami's and livebearers (including show and wild betta's) so it basically means I need to get in sooner rather than later and buy some cichlids before the only place I can get them are at those pet megamarts (we have petbarn I think you call it petco) and I really don't want to get fish from there!
I really want to be some day breeding angel fish but thought I would start some time a little down the track.
So I have a few questions and ANY helpful answers are welcomed
1) Now this might sound silly but how hard are angels to keep?just how sensitive are they to water quality?
2) I have a 3ft tank that I don't think I will use I actually have my eye on a 4 ft one that is around 18 inches high I think that might be pushing it I would only have regular scalare no veiltails or altums would that be suitable? Its about 55g how many angels could I have?
3) Considering the tank might be a little short would putting sand down help protect their bottom fins?
4) I have read so much about them I am wondering if there is anything I should know that I might not get from the internet and fish shops
5) Oh! also I know that angelfish are particularly prone to ich tail and finrot and hole in the head are there any other diseases I should pay extra attention to or that in your experience they are prone to?
Sorry for the long post apparently I am incapable of any other type