Discus Eye Injury - Page 6 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Member
 
LisaC144's Avatar
 
I do consider you a fish "doc" too!! His progress has blown me away and it's all because of being such a good mom and "fish doc".
LisaC144 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Great Job! he's looking SO much better!

8 platies born 5-10-10
britnyjackson is offline  
post #53 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by britnyjackson View Post
Great Job! he's looking SO much better!
Thanks, Britny! I know Lisa will always say what I want to hear (love you Lisa!) so your unbiased opinion counts for alot!

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #54 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Member
 
Inga's Avatar
 
[quote=aunt kymmie;482728]No food yet, but Ron assures me that he can go for over a month without food and still be fine. He was fat and healthy to start quote]

Good Lord, I wonder how long I could go without food? Fat and Healthy? I wonder why those words don't often go together for woman? Seems unfair doesn't it, girls?

Kimmie your fish looks great. I wondered how his eye was coming along. I bet he will have a "moon eye" like horses get once injured they have that blue streak in their eye. Sometimes they can see fine, others not so well. I hope your fish gets his sight back, at least most of it.
Inga is offline  
post #55 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
[quote=Inga;482898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
No food yet, but Ron assures me that he can go for over a month without food and still be fine. He was fat and healthy to start quote]

Good Lord, I wonder how long I could go without food? Fat and Healthy? I wonder why those words don't often go together for woman? Seems unfair doesn't it, girls?

Kimmie your fish looks great. I wondered how his eye was coming along. I bet he will have a "moon eye" like horses get once injured they have that blue streak in their eye. Sometimes they can see fine, others not so well. I hope your fish gets his sight back, at least most of it.
Yep, fat & healthy only applies to animals, not people, lol. If he retains his sight, that's great, but if not I'm ok with that, as long as I have saved his life. I was sure he was a goner there for a bit.
Besides, a "moon eye" sounds kinda cool.

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #56 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Member
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
Aquarium
Hey Kym, his eye is healing up nicely. He's getting great care. Keep up the good work. I'll bet he can still see out of it. Maybe not clearly like his good eye but enough where it won't be a detriment.

My Polleni's eye is almost completely back to normal. Little bugger is real shy now and runs into his cave when I come in to check on him. Before he was very outgoing. Hoping this will pass and he'll get back to his normal self.

150 Gallon - Mostly American Cichlids
135 Gallon - Angelfish Community
75 Gallon - Odd couple (Polleni/Angelfish)
55 Gallon - African tank
20 Gallon Long - QT
10 Gallon - Empty
jeaninel is offline  
post #57 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninel View Post
Hey Kym, his eye is healing up nicely. He's getting great care. Keep up the good work. I'll bet he can still see out of it. Maybe not clearly like his good eye but enough where it won't be a detriment.

My Polleni's eye is almost completely back to normal. Little bugger is real shy now and runs into his cave when I come in to check on him. Before he was very outgoing. Hoping this will pass and he'll get back to his normal self.
Did you also use Furan-2? I'm starting to think that particular medication is a good one to keep on hand and at the ready. I'm really glad your fish healed up so well!

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #58 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 09:26 PM
TFK Moderator
 
Romad's Avatar
 
That is looking sooooooooooo much better fishy doctor. I think you can breathe a sigh of relief now about the eye (at least a little sigh).

Now your challenge is getting him to eat so good luck with that.

Did I mention how gorgeous he is today? Every time I see a pic. of him (even with an imperfect eye), I have to stare at those markings and colors.

Keep up the good work

Animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Romad is offline  
post #59 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Member
 
LisaC144's Avatar
 
See! I'm not the only one telling you what you want to hear!
Posted via Mobile Device
LisaC144 is offline  
post #60 of 106 Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaC144 View Post
See! I'm not the only one telling you what you want to hear!
Posted via Mobile Device
LOL, thanks! I have to admit that using a thread to document treatment and post pics helped me to be very vigilant in the care I was (and am) giving him. Thanks for following along with me!

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Head Injury and Melafix sunnedee Tropical Fish Diseases 5 07-31-2008 06:21 PM
Fish injury help! Snowflake_eel Saltwater Fish Diseases 3 04-28-2008 03:10 AM
KRIB eye injury! gilfish Tropical Fish Diseases 1 04-02-2008 11:19 PM
INJURY!!! Blaxicanlatino Tropical Fish Diseases 4 02-11-2008 08:21 PM
angel fish injury Enzo Tropical Fish Diseases 2 04-07-2007 09:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome