Hey, I'm new at this...so here goes. I'm buying a 55 gal. tank and want to stock it with new world cichlids. Here is a list of cichlids that I have found to be very hardy and need to know if they will go well together. I understand that each fish has it's own temperment, and can be anywhere from placid to crazy.
1. Firemouth (Thorichthys Meeki)
2. Rainbow (Herotilapia multispinosa)
3. Black convict (Archocentrus nigrofasciatus)
4. Festivum (Cichlasoma festivum)
5. Elliotâ€™s Cichlid (Thorichthys ellioti)
6. Salvini (Nandopsis salvini)
7. Green Terror (Aequidens rivulatus)
I do not want breeding so I was thinking one of each. Could this work or would it fail, that is the question that I'm posing to you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks for your time.