Rummy nose tetras? - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-14-2008, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Rummy nose tetras?

well i think i decided since i first laid my eyes on these i thought of avideo game (of course) xD and remembered that red faced so idecided i want a school of 4-6of these with a dwarf gourami two snails and 3-4ghost shrimps in a ten gallon tank with a sandy substrate and lots of live plants including floating plants so is this possible? because id like to have these species in my tank
Deku is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Member
 
iamntbatman's Avatar
 
Rummynose tetras are active swimmers so they'd really appreciate a bigger tank than that, but it's probably do-able.

4 8 15 16 23 42
iamntbatman is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntbatman
Rummynose tetras are active swimmers so they'd really appreciate a bigger tank than that, but it's probably do-able.
aww i love those lil guys... and i picked out a hidding spot for all of em ><
Deku is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 09-15-2008, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntbatman
Rummynose tetras are active swimmers so they'd really appreciate a bigger tank than that, but it's probably do-able.
aww i love those lil guys... and i picked out a hidding spot for all of em ><
btw like okay i would get the snails (already have em) and place em first to establish territories and less disputes and put the 4-5ghost shrimp in the tank alltogether at first is it posible? in the same day? and then next week add 5rummy nose? so they dont freak out? i dont want to add em 3by 3 it takes too long and the fish will perish....and then after that week adding the dwarf gourami btw wat live plants wont apple snails munch on?
Deku is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 09-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Member
 
1077's Avatar
 
I see no problem with ghost shrimp and five rummy nose and one snail in your ten gal so long as the tank has cycled. Aplle snails also produce their fair share of poop which is why I would only have one. You could if the tank has cycled put the rummynose in at one time. I do not recommend the dwarf gourami as many of them are prone to disease. The pearl gourami is much hardier and lives longer. Please post your water parameters for ten gal before you put the fish in. Is this the same ten gal. that puffer was in? Is there salt in the tank?

The most important medication in your fish medicine cabinet is.. Clean water.
1077 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 09-15-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1077
I see no problem with ghost shrimp and five rummy nose and one snail in your ten gal so long as the tank has cycled. Aplle snails also produce their fair share of poop which is why I would only have one. You could if the tank has cycled put the rummynose in at one time. I do not recommend the dwarf gourami as many of them are prone to disease. The pearl gourami is much hardier and lives longer. Please post your water parameters for ten gal before you put the fish in. Is this the same ten gal. that puffer was in? Is there salt in the tank?
ahh a pearl gourami? well i wanted a gourami with red eyes... >< but okay i like red eyed fish and yes it is...it died cuz my father promised to get me the sand and salt and never did... so it died in his hand and ammonia will always be at 0 because i always test it and the ph is always at 7
Deku is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 09-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Member
 
iamntbatman's Avatar
 
If you've got no ammonia source in the tank right now, your biological filter is slowly dying off. I would suggest feeding the tank fish food or ammonia while there isn't anything living in it, or else you'll have to start the cycle all over again.

4 8 15 16 23 42
iamntbatman is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 09-16-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntbatman
If you've got no ammonia source in the tank right now, your biological filter is slowly dying off. I would suggest feeding the tank fish food or ammonia while there isn't anything living in it, or else you'll have to start the cycle all over again.
heh i put my betta and my african clawed frog surprisingly it tried to eat the betta (or chase it) but then left it alone and lost interest xD i put a clawless crayfish temporary maybe what i could do is like put a blue crayfish in there with rummy nose tetras and a gourami? like idk theyre sold for 5dollars xD so i find that a steal also im finding rainbow crabs!!!
Deku is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 09-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
From everything I've read here on the forum it's not advisable to keep a crayfish with smaller fish as eventually the crayfish will go after the fish, then, goodbye fishies.... :(
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Deku's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie
From everything I've read here on the forum it's not advisable to keep a crayfish with smaller fish as eventually the crayfish will go after the fish, then, goodbye fishies.... :(
awww v.v i like these crayfish ><
Deku is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who's eating Rummy Noses? Angel079 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 28 02-10-2010 02:36 PM
Do Neon Tetras school with any other fish (part. Gold Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras)? Akeath Freshwater and Tropical Fish 1 11-09-2009 08:15 PM
Rummy nose tetras adiumroot Characins 10 07-21-2009 01:06 PM
rummy-nose Mirta Characins 3 11-17-2007 05:59 PM
Rummy nose variations question arlong1 Characins 2 05-22-2007 05:04 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome